Decadent vegan flourless chocolate cake so rich you won’t believe it’s healthy and made with just 5 ingredients. A reader and personal favorite!
How do just 5 ingredients transform into cake? I don’t really know. But I do know that it is the healthiest, gooey, deep dark chocolate cake creation you’ve ever had. It looks like cake, but it melts in your mouth like a piece of rich chocolate.
Vegan Flourless Chocolate Cake
It’s almost too rich, but we all know that’s not really possible. Super rich chocolate just means that you need to take small bites and savor every morsel. It means that you need something light and creamy to balance it out. My choice: nicecream! But coconut whipped cream or chickpea meringue or any vegan ice cream would be a perfect cake comrade.
Health Benefits of Cake?
If you aren’t already rushing to the kitchen to make this, let me give you one more reason: antioxidants!! This cake is brimming with antioxidants from the blueberries AND the cacao. So it’s really in the best interest of your well-being to eat this cake…every day…for the health benefits of course.
Please note that this is not the ideal cake for layering, nor does it work well as cupcakes. It has a very unique texture that is best suited to be made in a single 9 inch cake pan. For a more versatile vegan chocolate cake with a traditional texture I suggest this recipe -> Fruit Frosted Chocolate Layer Cake
Decadent vegan flourless chocolate cake made with just 5 ingredients. A reader and personal favorite!Click To Tweet
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Stir together the cacao powder, coconut sugar, and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add the blueberry puree and vanilla. Whisk until everything is combined and no lumps of cacao remain.
- Spread evenly into a 6 inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350F.
- Let the cake cool for at least 20 minutes before removing from the pan. It is very delicate when warm, so to be sure it comes out cleanly, you can chill the cake first.
- FOR THE SPRINKLES: Toss the coconut with the blueberries until the color transfers.
- Top the cake with sprinkles and optional nicecream/whipped cream/ice cream.
- Serve warm or cold, it's delicious both ways!