You’d never guess these ULTRA chocolatey brownies are flourless, date-sweetened, vegan, and paleo. Perfect base for a sundae or dessert all their own!
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY SO DELICIOUS DAIRY FREE. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.
What an unfortunate chore it was to have to make decadent flourless brownie bowls and force myself to fill them with creamydelicious scoops of vegan ice cream in fun new flavors and feel obliged to top them with rainbow sprinkles. Such. A. Burden. And to “clean up” the melty messy post-photoshoot leftovers…I don’t know how I got through.
But real talk. I am so jazzed to share both these crazy good new So Delicious flavors and this brownie recipe with you, I don’t even know where to begin. And the amount of ice cream I have consumed in the past 24 hours has absolutely nothing to do with my currently over-excited semi-incoherent brain. Nothing.
If you know me or have spent anytime around these internet parts in the summertime, then you know I am pretty into (read: OBSESSED) with ice cream. And I have tried just about every vegan brand I can get my hands on. I haven’t met many pints I don’t like, but So Delicious is one of my all time FAVORITES.
But oh friends! These five new flavors just took that love up to eleven – killing it. It would be unfair to yourself and your tastebuds NOT to visit every grocery store freezer section until you find them and buy all five. I think my favorite part is that they aren’t the usual cookie dough or mint chip. They are unexpected, but not too crazy. Just unique enough to have me like: Why haven’t I been eating peachy maple pecan ice cream all my life?
And the purple one ♡ I didn’t know I could love a pint of ice cream as much as I love this blueberry cardamom coconut milk ice cream. If I could sign up for a never-ending supply I would boot everything else out of my freezer in an instant (who really needs frozen cauliflower anyways?) and fill it with nothing but. That pint is my ice cream spirit animal.
But in all ice cream fairness, let’s do this flavor by flavor…
- Cold Brew Coffee. The kind of BOLD flavor that you just know you shouldn’t eat this right before bed. (Morning ice cream? Twist my arm.) But perfectly sweet too, and I can vouch for it’s deliciousness with chocolate toppings.
- Toasted Coconut Key Lime. This one is disappearing alarmingly fast, citrusy ice creams aren’t easy to find but I love the tangy-sweetness. Not my favorite with the brownies, but with granola on top it’s quite possibly better than pie.
- Chocolate Drizzled Bananas Foster. I mean just that title and you know it’s going to be good, am I right? Banana, vanilla, chocolate, and no shortage of chunky mix-ins. I am a big fan of the cashew base too.
- Peachy Maple Pecan. I did not see this flavor coming but YESSSS. It’s like butter pecan with a fruity kick and a side of pancakes. I do wish there were a few more pecan chunks though.
- Blueberry Cardamom. Just pure purple perfection. Don’t even bother with toppings, this magnificence does not need a single thing.
And the texture of all of them is hella creamy and lush. Perfectly scoop-able without having to let it sit out for the longest 10 minutes of your life. Thank you So Delicious. Sincerely, all the impatient ice cream lovers everywhere.
More info on these new flavors (and a coupon!) HERE.
The brownies. Slash bowls. Slash they are actually muffins. I am just as smitten with these as I am the blueb cardamom because they are…
- only 7 ingredients
- rich and moist and fudgy (but not mushy)
- vegan, gluten-free, and paleo
- blowing my mind
How so few and healthy ingredients can create something so decadent with impeccable texture and ice cream holding ability I don’t even know. Sundae style or just straight up chocolate snack style – you will be amazed!
WATCH HOW TOPrint
You’d never guess these ULTRA chocolatey brownies are flourless, date-sweetened, vegan, and paleo. Perfect base for a brownie sundae or dessert all their own!
- 1 cup (180g) pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup (120g) nondairy milk
- 1/2 cup (130g) almond butter ((or any nut/seed butter))
- 1/2 cup (45g) cacao powder ((or cocoa powder))
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- So Delicious Dairy Free ice cream in your favorite flavor!
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the pitted medjool dates, nondairy milk, and almond butter in a blender. Blend until no date chunks remain.
- Add the cacao powder, baking soda, vanilla, and salt. Blend until combined.
- Grease your muffin pan with coconut oil or use muffin liners. Divide the batter into 6 muffins, filling about 3/4 of the way.
- Use the back of a spoon (or your fingers!) to make a depression in the center of each.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350F.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan. If they won’t come out easily, gently slide a dull knife around the outside and they should pop out.
- Top with whatever ice cream and toppings you love. Enjoy!
- Keep leftover brownies in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
CLICK BELOW TO PIN
Thank you So Delicious Dairy Free for sponsoring this post!