These hunky Walnut Chocolate Chunk Brownies are ultra decadent, perfectly fudgy AND cakey, grain-free with banana flour, and just begging to be baked!
I originally shared these brownies on Instagram a few months ago. But you guys loved them so much, and I’ve remade them so much, and they are SO. DAMN. GOOD. with ice cream. The thought they could one day get lost too many scrolls down my Instagram feed…heartbreaking.
So I decided they deserved their own blog post. And what better day than friday the 13th to make that dream a reality.
Reasons to love these Walnut Chocolate Chunk Brownies:
- They are moist/fudgy but not mushy/squishy. The crumb is defined, just cake-like enough.
- They are grain-free, made with green banana flour (which is highly underrated, it’s amazing stuff!)
- One bowl
- Those mix-ins. We got chopped walnuts and chocolate chunks (not chips). Or swap in your own favorites!
- Ridiculously good with ice cream on top.
This is the green banana flour I use and recommend from Edward and Sons Let’s Do Organic line. Banana flour can be a little tricky to work with and I haven’t tested with any other brands, so the texture may turn out different if you do.
Happy brownie baking to you!Print
These hunky Walnut Chocolate Chunk Brownies are ultra decadent, perfectly fudgy AND cakey, grain-free with banana flour, and just begging to be devoured!
- 3/4 cup (105g) coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup (185g) almond butter
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 4 tbsp water)
- 4 oz (110g) semi-sweet or dark chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup (180g) almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (80g) Green Banana Flour*
- 1/4 cup (20g) cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (80g) chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup (55g) chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together the coconut sugar, almond butter, prepared flax eggs, melted chocolate, almond milk, and vanilla (everything should be at room temperature or warmer, otherwise the chocolate will seize up and make it hard to mix).
- Add the green banana flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine, don’t over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks and walnuts.
- Transfer to a 9×9” baking pan (coated with nonstick spray).
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350ºF.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before slicing (they will be very fragile and crumbly when hot).
- Enjoy, or refrigerate overnight—I like them even better cold!
*I recommend the Let’s Do Organic brand, different brands may yield a different texture.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 92g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: vegan, paleo, grain-free, chocolate, dessert, baking, gluten-free, dairy free, egg free, nutty, fudge