Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Blondies that are gooey and sweet, loaded with salted dark chocolate, speckled with green, and so easy to make. Vegan, gluten-free, oil-free!
Make greens as decadent and un-salad like as possible?
Challenge accepted. Completed. Conquered. Couldn’t have been more of a success.
Hidden under the guise of buttery-rich almond butter oat blondies with the perfect crackly top surface interrupted only by melty dark chocolate chunks and flecks of sea salt, no one would ever guess you visited the produce department while grocery shopping this ingredient list. Even my macro lens all up in that post-bite blondie closeup is barely giving it away.
But greens don’t come in a better form than Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Blondies.
Just because I went all organic dark chocolate and flaky sea salt on you, don’t think these are fancy or complicated to make. The ingredient list includes:
- Almond butter. Or cashew is really good too!
- Coconut sugar. This is essential for the crackly top, maple syrup or dates just won’t do it.
- Flax eggs. Or regular eggs will work too.
- Oat flour AND rolled oats. For a lil extra texture.
- Shredded zucchini. Which the food processor makes reallyreallyfast!
- Vanilla extract.
- Salt! Plus more on top.
- DARK CHOCOLATE. In and on top.
For the chunks, I chopped a dark chocolate bar from my fave chocolate brand, Hu Kitchen. The ingredients are flawless, taste is amazing, and they aren’t crazy high in sugar (thank you!). Not gonna lie, my consumption frequency of their Vanilla Quinoa Qrispy bar is getting a little out of hand over here lately. Don’t send help though.
Feel free to not tell a soul you share these with that there’s anything green going on here, and just let them revel in salty-sweet blondie bliss. Feel free to ignore the rules, break these babies out of the pan while still warm (sometimes extra crumbly is a worthwhile risk), and top them with vanilla ice cream. Or feel free to chill them overnight, let the fudginess intensify to a denser-but-extra-delicious level, and share them with no one but yourself.
And yes, ALL OF THE ABOVE is the only logical answer here.
WATCH HOW TOPrint
Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Blondies that are gooey and sweet, loaded with salted dark chocolate, speckled with green, and so easy to make!
- 1/2 cup (125g) almond butter
- 1/4 cup (60g) nondairy milk
- 2/3 cup (85g) coconut sugar
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 4 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (100g) shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (120g) oat flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) rolled oats
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 60g chopped dark chocolate (my favorite is Hu Kitchen)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together the almond butter, nondairy milk, coconut sugar, flax eggs, and vanilla.
- Add zucchini, and stir to combine.
- Add oat flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Mix to form a thick dough.
- Fold in the dark chocolate (save some for sprinkling on top).
- Spread batter into a baking dish (oiled or lined with parchment paper).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350ºF. The edges should be lightly brown when they are done.
- Remove from the oven and cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing. You can eat them warm – they are delicious that way – but much more fragile and crumbly.
- Enjoy! (Try a sprinkle of flaky salt on top, or serve with ice cream)
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or freeze for longer storage.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 161
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, bars, chocolate, salted, oat flour, dessert, snack, oil free