Rawnola. The ultimate easy healthy 2-ingredient topping or snack. Chewy and sweet, this no bake granola alternative tastes just like cookie dough–it’s addictive!
The other 360-something days of your year will be better if you start making this today.
Many bloggers start off the year with a green smoothie recipe. I start off with something to put on top of that green smoothie to make it taste like a cookie dough blizzard (blend the smoothie up extra thick of course, and sub spoon for straw). You may be thinking “But Natalie, you are missing the whole point of a healthy detoxifying start to the new year!” But I promise Oat Rawnola is the perfect detox food.
Here’s my logic…
– It will make you eat more green smoothies because they taste like a cookie dough blizzard.
– You’ll still be eating green smoothies 11 months from now because no one ever gets tired of cookie dough blizzards.
– It will satisfy your dessert cravings and fill you up more than a plain green smoothie because chewiness and sweetness and general yumminess of a cookie dough blizzard, so you are less likely to eat an entire bar of chocolate at 11 p.m. because you’ve been “eating clean” all day.
– And finally, oats and dates are both VERY high in fiber. So that certainly can’t hurt.
My favorite simple smoothie blend to go underneath the rawnola is spinach + kale + almond milk + maca + frozen bananas. If you are looking for more green smoothie recipes here are a few ideas…
– Tropical Green Smoothie from Veggie Inspired
– Energizing Green Smoothie Bowl from The Glowing Fridge
– Spinach Banana Super Smoothie from Hurry the Food Up
– Green Machine Spinach Smoothie from Full of Beans
– Going Green Smoothie with Oat Rawnola from A Virtual Vegan
– Or for the green smoothie skeptics, this Healthy Green Smoothie Guide from My Berry Forest
It’s a tasty snack by itself too, of course.
I usually go back for more rawnola part way through the smoothie bowl because…well… I’m obsessed with this stuff. Thats the best part of healthy toppings, you can pile them on high!
This is certainly not my original idea, all that credit goes to Loni Jane. My version is a little different than the original, which uses coconut as well as oats. I thought by now most everyone had heard of rawnola, but someone asked me on Youtube how to make it. If there is even one person who hasn’t tried it, then I need to make a video showing exactly how because everyone needs this in their life. Everyone.
The ultimate nicecream/smoothie/everything topping--2 ingredients, tastes like cookie dough, healthy, easy RAWNOLA!!Click To Tweet
Oat Rawnola (a.k.a. healthy cookie dough)
- 10-14 pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Optional: cinnamon
Add the oats and 6 dates to a blender.
Blend on low speed till all the dates are broken up.
Keep adding dates 2 at a time until you get a chunky crumbly texture. Shake the blender periodically if things are moving.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
⬇︎ Click below to pin ⬇︎
Looking for a baked granola that is filled with crunchy clusters? Try my Easy Oil-Free Granola!
Already a rawnola fan? Try my Carrot Cake Rawnola!
Have you ever tried rawnola? If the answer is no then go to the kitchen, make it, fall in love with it, come back, and then we’ll talk.