A savory stack of breakfast! Mix up your morning meal with these subtly-cheesy, veggie-studded, soft, fluffy Zucchini Cornmeal Savory Pancakes.
- ¾ cup non-dairy milk
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1-2 stalks of scallion (chopped)
- Optional: vegan cream cheese and additional chopped scallion for topping
- In a blender or mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the zucchini and scallion.
- Blend/mix until combined. The batter should be quite thick.
- Add the zucchini and scallion and pulse briefly until evenly distributed throughout the batter but still chunky. Do not over mix.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add about 1/4 cup of batter to the pan. Use the back of a spoon to gently spread it into a circle if necessary.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until a spatula easily slides underneath. The cover is optional but does make for more even cooking and better texture in the middle of the pancakes.
- Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes on the second side. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Add toppings of choice and enjoy!