These hunky Walnut Chocolate Chunk Brownies are ultra decadent, perfectly fudgy AND cakey, grain-free with banana flour, and just begging to be devoured!
- 3/4 cup (105g) coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup (185g) almond butter
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 4 tbsp water)
- 4 oz (110g) semi-sweet or dark chocolate, melted
- 3/4 cup (180g) almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (80g) Green Banana Flour*
- 1/4 cup (20g) cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (80g) chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup (55g) chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together the coconut sugar, almond butter, prepared flax eggs, melted chocolate, almond milk, and vanilla (everything should be at room temperature or warmer, otherwise the chocolate will seize up and make it hard to mix).
- Add the green banana flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine, don’t over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks and walnuts.
- Transfer to a 9×9” baking pan (coated with nonstick spray).
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350ºF.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before slicing (they will be very fragile and crumbly when hot).
- Enjoy, or refrigerate overnight—I like them even better cold!
*I recommend the Let’s Do Organic brand, different brands may yield a different texture.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 92g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: vegan, paleo, grain-free, chocolate, dessert, baking, gluten-free, dairy free, egg free, nutty, fudge