Crispy, crunchy (healthier!) Kit Kat bars with homemade vegan paleo wafers layered between silky dark chocolate. The perfect easy DIY halloween treat!
- 3/4 cup (75g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup (105g) raw almonds (or nuts of choice)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup (65g) nut or seed butter
- 1/4 cup (80g) maple syrup
- 1 cup (160g) Hu Gems
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Blend the coconut and almonds to a fine flour. Transfer to a bowl.
- Melt the nut/seed butter with the maple syrup. Stir until smooth.
- Pour over the flour. Add a pinch of salt. Mix to form a dough.
- Press/roll as thin as possible onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350ºF.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes. Cut off the edges (save them) to form a rectangle. Cut that rectangle into 3 (see video).
- Melt the Hu Gems. Divide into 2 separate bowls.
- Crush/blend the cut off edges into fine crumbs (you may not use all of them). Stir into half of the melted chocolate.
- Layer the wafer rectangles with the crumb-filled chocolate. Refrigerate about 10 minutes until it holds together.
- Slice into 8 bars.
- Cover with the remaining chocolate.
- Refrigerate or freeze until set.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 341g
- Sugar: 17g
- Sodium: 77mg
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: almond, candy, coconut, dairy-free, easy, egg-free, halloween, healthy, homemade, oil-free, video, wafer