Soft, spiced, sweet, and EASY. This Vegan Gingerbread Bundt cake is the perfect Christmas recipe with healthier ingredients and dreamy glaze drizzle on top!
- 1 cup (250g) unsweetened applesauce
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 4 tbsp water)
- 2/3 cup (110g) coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp (60g) molasses
- 1/2 cup (120g) non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (250g) oat flour
- 1 1/2 cups (165g) almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Optional: coconut butter for glazing (or for a sweeter glaze try this recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare the flax eggs and set aside to gel.
- Blend the applesauce, flax eggs, coconut sugar, molasses, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla in a Vitamix blender on medium-high speed (5 or 6) Alternately, whisk by hand.
- Add the flours, spices, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend on low speed (1 or 2) until JUST combined. Do not over blend or the cake will turn out gummy.
- Pour into a greased bundt pan (8-10 cup capacity is best)*
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350ºF.
- Remove from the oven. Cool for 10-15 minutes before flipping onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Top with glaze, slice, and enjoy!
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or freeze (without glaze) for longer storage.
*Or you can use a 9″ square pan or cupcake pan. If making cupcakes, reduce bake time to 30 minutes. If making a square cake, the time will be approximately 35 minutes. I do not recommend making this recipe in a loaf pan.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 243
- Sugar: 17g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: vegan, gluten-free, cupcake, dessert, spiced, christmas, holiday