Deliciously fudgy and frosted, these vegan low fat brownies are easy healthy decadence in just 5 ingredients! Gluten-free, oil-free, date-sweetened.
- 15 pitted Medjool dates (about 1 1/4 cup)
- ¾ cup water
- ¾ cup baked and mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup cacao powder or cocoa powder
- ½ cup oat flour
- Healthy Vegan Chocolate Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Blend the dates and water on high until very smooth.
- Remove 1/4 cup of the date paste and set aside for the frosting.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender. Blend on low speed until combined. Do not over blend.
- Line or lightly oil a baking pan. Place the batter into the pan and spread evenly. (I used a 5×7″ pan. Smaller pan = thicker brownies.)
- Bake for 40 mins at 350F.
- Let them cool completely before frosting.
- Enjoy at room temperature or I prefer them chilled! Keep in the fridge for up to a week.