Sweet, simple, just crispy Cutout Sugar Cookies perfect for Valentines (or any day). Made from the easiest vegan paleo dough, and glazed naturally pink!
- 1 cup (120g) almond flour
- 1/3 cup (40g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (80g) maple syrup or agave
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut oil (or coconut butter*)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Whisk together the maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Add the flours and salt. Mix to form a sticky dough.
- Roll out between two pieces of wax paper to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Chill dough for 15 minutes (optional, but recommended for easier cutting/transferring).
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Cut into hearts (or any shape!), and transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until just golden around the edges. It will take less time for smaller cookies.
- Cool completely before glazing.
- Whisk together glaze ingredients, adding more or less powder to desired color.
- Top cooled cookies with glaze and sprinkles. Chill until set.
*You may need to increase to 1/3 cup since it is thicker, it also helps to melt it before mixing.
**They are delicious plain too, or drizzled/dipped in melted chocolate.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 80
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 25mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: gluten free, valentines, dessert, easy, baking, holiday, glaze, heart, grain free, dairy free, healthy