Moist fluffy oat flour cake with two layers of cinnamon streusel and a silky glaze on top–this Vegan Coffee Cake is a delectable baked morning treat!
- 1 3/4 cup oat flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup non-dairy milk (I used light coconut milk)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2-4 tbsp nondairy milk
- In a blender or large mixing bowl, combine all the cake ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, combine the streusel ingredients and mix with your hands or a fork until crumbly.
- Line a 8×5″ glass dish (or a standard loaf pan works too) with parchment paper or lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Spread half of the cake batter into the bottom of the pan (it will be a very thin layer).
- Cover with half of the streusel mixture.
- Top with the remaining cake batter and then the rest of the streusel.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes at 350F.
- For the glaze, just barely melt the coconut butter. Stir in the maple syrup, and then slowly add the nondairy milk until the texture becomes smooth and drizzle-able. (Don’t worry, it will clump up initially when you add the milk, but keep going and it will smooth out again.)
- Let the cake cool for at least 30 minutes before glazing, slicing, and eating.
- Calories: 330
- Sugar: 23
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 48
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 8