Vanilla Tahini Rice Crispy Treats – a twist on the cereal snack favorite with savory tahini, sweet vanilla, a pinch of salt, and a yummy sprinkling of chocolate chips!
- 4 cups (140g) crispy rice cereal
- 2/3 cup (170g) tahini (can sub nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1/2 cup honey or brown rice syrup
- 1 tbsp Nielsen-Massey No Sugar Added Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup (60g) mini chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, melt the tahini and sweetener (about 30 seconds in the microwave).
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour on top of the cereal, add salt, and mix until evenly coated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Make sure the mixture is not too hot or they will melt.
- Press into a square pan that is lined with parchment paper or lightly oiled.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours until firm (or freeze to speed things up!)
- Slice into bars and enjoy!
- Keep leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan, gluten-free, kids, snacks, no bake, easy, recipe, cereal