Sweet creamy Vanilla Oatmeal Ice Cream made from just 5 healthy ingredients that proves oats aren’t just for breakfast and ice cream isn’t just for dessert!
- 3 cups light canned coconut milk (*see notes for substitution)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (or quick oats work too)
- 10 pitted medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Blend all the ingredients thoroughly on high until creamy and smooth (a full 45-60 seconds).
- Pour into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions until it is a soft serve consistency. Mine took about 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a shallow container and freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Scoop into a bowl, add toppings if desired, and enjoy.
- It will last a few days in the freezer, just remove from the freezer and allow to soften for approximately 15 minutes before serving.
*You can use almond milk or other non-dairy milks, but the texture will not be as rich.