Soft, spiced turmeric cookies with a latte-inspired coffee kick! Easy to make. Customizable mix-in options. Snack, breakfast, or dessert. Vegan and paleo!
- 3 (325g) ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup (75g) nondairy milk
- 1/4 cup molasses (80g) (optional)
- 1 tsp Nielsen-Massey Pure Coffee Extract
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup (60g) tapioca starch
- 3 cups (330g) almond flour (see notes for oat flour option)
- Blend the bananas, milk, molasses, and coffee extract.
- Add the spices, baking powder, tapioca starch, and almond flour. Blend until combined. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides a few times. It should be quite thick and just barely able to blend, if not add 1/4 cup more flour.
- Stir in the nuts/seeds/chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper leaving enough space for some spreading. You will need 2 pans or to bake them in 2 batches.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350F or until lightly brown on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Enjoy warm or I actually prefer them chilled. They will last in the fridge for up to a week.
For an oat flour option, try THIS recipe instead.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 156
- Sugar: 6
- Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 13
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4
Keywords: baking, dessert, snack, vegan, paleo, turmeric, gluten-free