With no flour, no sugar, and extra chocolate–there is nothing traditional about these crinkle cookies. But that’s what makes them so rich, decadent, and easy!
- 15 pitted Medjool dates
- ½ cup cacao powder or cocoa powder (plus more for coating)
- 2 tsps baking powder
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp nondairy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, process the dates until well broken down. Don’t go too far or you will have a ball.
- Add the cacao/cocoa powder, baking powder, chocolate chips, and vanilla. Process until combined and crumbly in texture.
- Add the nondairy milk 1 tbsp at a time with the food processor running until the dough forms a ball.
- Break off small chunks of dough, roll into balls, coat in cocoa/cacao powder, and arrange on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. You will probably fill 2 pans.
- Press down to flatten into cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350F.
- Remove from the oven and cool briefly before enjoying.
- Keep in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week (they are really yummy cold too!)