These buttery-sweet Tigernut Flour Shortbread Cookies are grain and nut free plus super simple to make and extra decadent dunked in a silky carob coating!
- 1 cup tigernut flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt ((optional))
Carob Coating (or you can use melted chocolate if not following AIP)
- 1/3 cup carob powder, sifted
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup ((optional, carob powder is somewhat sweet on it’s own so I didn’t use it))
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine all the cookie ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix to form a slightly sticky dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 balls (they are fairly large cookies, feel free to make 10-12 smaller cookies).
- Arrange on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Press to form cookies, optionally using a cookie cutter to make perfect circles.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350F. Let them cool completely before dipping.
- For the carob coating, whisk together the sifted carob powder and melted coconut oil. Or melt the chocolate chips if you are going with that option.
- Dip the cookies partway into the carob coating. Lay on a plate/pan lined with wax paper. Chill to set.
- Enjoy! Keep in the fridge.