Superfood Ice Cream Bars! No-bake brownie crust topped with naturally colored ice cream swirls – an easy and fun frozen summer treat!
- 1 cup (~180g) pitted medjool dates
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup (60g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (20g) cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups (240g) raw cashews
- 1 cup (240g) coconut milk*
- 1/4 cup (80g) maple syrup
- 1/2-1 tsp spirulina
- 1/2-1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup blueberries, pureed
Optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips (90g) for melting and drizzling on top
- Cover the cashews with warm water and soak for at least 30 minutes (if you don’t have a high speed blender, you will need to soak them for at least a few hours).
- Blend the dates and water.
- In a bowl, combine the coconut flour, cacao powder, and salt. Stir.
- Add the date paste and mix to form a sticky dough. If it’s too dry/crumbly add a few tablespoons of water.
- Press into the bottom of a pan/dish lined with parchment paper or plastic wrap (I used a 9×6″ tupperware). Set aside.
- Blend the (soaked and drained) cashews, milk, and maple syrup until very smooth and creamy.
- Divide into 3 bowls. Mix the spirulina into one, turmeric into another, and blueberry puree into the last. Add more/less to reach desired color.
- Spoon/dollop the colors on top of the crust and swirl with the back of a spoon or a straw.
- Freeze overnight.
- Once frozen, cut into bars and top with melted chocolate if desired.
- Enjoy! Keep leftovers in the freezer.
*I used light canned coconut milk, but other kinds of non-dairy milk are fine too. Or use full fat coconut milk to make them extra creamy.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: 25g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: dessert, vegan, paleo, ice cream, chocolate, dairy free