Nut-free and BETTER than nutter butters! Crispy SunButter oat cookies sandwiched with a cream filling. Vegan, gluten-free, only 5 ingredients!
- 1/2 cup (125g) Natural SunButter*
- 1/3 cup(105g) maple syrup
- 3/4 cup (90g) oat flour (plus extra for rolling)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (65g) Natural SunButter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together the SunButter, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Add the oat flour and salt. Mix to form a thick dough
- Roll out on a sheet of wax paper, using a light dusting of oat flour as needed (too much will make your cookies dry). You want it pretty thin, less that 1/4 inch if possible.
- Cut into flowers (or any shape) and transfer to a lined baking sheet. If they are hard to transfer, freeze the already rolled/cut dough for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350ºF until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool completely before sandwiching.
- For the filling, stir together all the ingredients and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes to thicken.
- Spoon a dollop of filling on one cookie. Sandwich with another cookie. Refrigerate to “glue” them together and let the filling set completely.
- Enjoy! Keep in the fridge for up to a week in an airtight container. Or you can freeze the cookies (without filling) for longer storage.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 117
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, cookies, easy, oat, nutter butter, snacks, oil free