Sweet spooky Chocolate Pumpkin Sandwich Cookies! Rich, flourless chocolate cookies and an easy pumpkin spice filling. Add eyes for extra Halloween fun!
- 1 cup (250g) No Sugar Added SunButter
- 1/2 cup (80g) coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup (30g) tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup (20g) cacao or cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup (80g) nondairy milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, whisk together the SunButter, coconut sugar, milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the tapioca starch, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix to form a thick dough.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Arrange on a baking pan lined with parchment paper (leave room in between, they will spread so I only recommend 8-10 per pan). Repeat until all the dough is gone, you will need 2-3 pans/batches.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes at 350F.
- Let them cool for at least 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For the filling, stir together all the ingredients until smooth.
- Spoon a dollop of filling onto one cookie, top with another, and squish into a cookie sandwich. Add sprinkle eyes for extra Halloween vibes.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich (2 cookies + filling)
- Calories: 291
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: halloween, vegan, gluten-free, chocolate, healthy, paleo, flourless, baking, dessert