Cinnamon spice, fruity freshness, tastes-like-brownie-batter base–this Spiced Chocolate Pear Overnight Oats recipe is easy, absolutely delicious breakfast in a jar!
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2-3 tbsp date paste (or 1-2 tbsp maple syrup)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- ¾-1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pear (chopped)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped pecans (or other nut)
- Combine all the ingredients for the overnight oats in a jar. Mix/shake to combine. Refrigerate overnight (or for at least 2 hours).
- In a bowl, add the cinnamon, maple syrup, and lemon juice to the pear chunks. Toss to coat. Sprinkle in the chopped nuts. Stir. I like to set this mixture in the fridge for about 30 minutes to let the flavors mesh, but that is not essential.
- Layer the pears on top of the oats. Optional: sprinkle on a few chocolate chips. Enjoy!