Fluffy baked chocolate donuts with a tangy-sweet raspberry glaze! Healthy-ish thanks to sunbutter, maple syrup, and oat flour. Easy to make, easier to eat!
- 1 cup (120g) oat flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) cacao powder
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (160g) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (125g) SunButter (I used the natural variety, but any will work)
- 3/4 cup (180g) almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) raspberries (or any berry)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups (240g) powdered sugar*
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together oat flour, cacao/cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, stir together SunButter, maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla.
- Add wet to dry, and mix until lump-free.
- Pipe or spoon into a greased donut pan (if you don’t have a donut pan, they work as muffins too!), filling until even with the top of the pan and smoothing the tops.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350ºF.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes before flipping onto a cooling rack. Then cool completely before glazing.
- For the glaze, puree raspberries in a high speed blender (if you don’t have a high speed blender, I recommend using strawberries or blueberries so it won’t be seedy). Whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons of puree. Add more berry puree one tablespoon at a time until thick but drizzle-able.
- Glaze cooled donuts, top with sprinkles if desired, and eat!
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
*For a refined sugar free glaze, try this recipe instead.
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 27g
- Sodium: 101mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 45g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, healthy, baking, dessert, summer, berry, oil free, dairy free, fluffy, glaze