Homemade Pumpkin Spice Truffle Bars with a fluffy date-sweetened filling and decadent chocolate shell. No trick just a healthier halloween treat!
- 1 cup (250g) pumpkin puree
- 1/2–2/3 cup water
- 8–10 pitted (160g) medjool dates
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup (85g) coconut flour
- 1 cup (170g) chocolate chips
- In a high speed blender combine the pumpkin, dates, water, spice, and salt.
- Blend on high until smooth, adding more water slowly as necessary to blend until you have a thick paste.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the coconut flour. Mix to form a ball of dough
- Shape the dough into a rectangle approximately 3/4 inch thick.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours until firm.
- Melt the chocolate chips. (Optionally add 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil for a thinner smoother coating.)
- Remove the dough from the freezer and slice into 12 rectangles.
- Dip each into the melted chocolate coating on all sides. Transfer to a pan or plate lined with wax paper.
- Refrigerate until the chocolate is firm and then enjoy! Keep in the fridge for up to a week.