Crumbly, chewy, maple syrup-sweet, peanut butter oatmeal bars. These vegan gluten-free bars make for a delicious, easy breakfast or dessert!
Did you know that my favorite color is turquoise?
I have turquoise shoes. And a turquoise bike. I have a turquoise backpack. And a turquoise water bottle. There is more turquoise in my wardrobe than any other shade of clothing. This wasn’t all intentional, I’m just drawn to the color.
This turquoise teacup is my favorite teacup (although I only have two teacups total). My favorite HEX code is #22C8BF. It’s a very vibrant shade of turquoise. My favorite turquoise in the world is clear calm ocean water on a sunny day. No clouds or raucous surf stirring up sand to mess it up. Just a bright beautiful hybrid of green and blue.
I think every food looks good on turquoise. I haven’t met a single edible thing that doesn’t pop on a turquoise plate or in a turquoise bowl. I think that’s because there are no turquoise foods, so turquoise complements everything. Or perhaps it is just my overwhelming love for the color that makes me believe everything looks good on turquoise. Perhaps it’s all in my head. But whenever I pull a turquoise plate into the photo, I instantly love what I see through the viewfinder.
So with a turquoise plate AND lots of peanut butter in these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars, I absolutely adore this recipe!
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
These chunky chewy peanut butter oatmeal bars are very easy to make. Rolled oats + oat bran makes for two types of oat texture. A banana for the fruity factor. Maple syrup makes them sweet. They just scream “Eat me for breakfast!” But with a drippy dollop of PB on top they could double as a decadent dessert. Maybe a sprinkle of chocolate chips to sweeten the deal.Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars. These #vegan gluten-free bars make for a delicious, easy breakfast or dessert!Click To Tweet Print
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat bran (can sub oat flour)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup powdered peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional)
- 1/4 cup sweetened powdered peanut butter + 2-3 tbsps non-dairy milk or water
- 2-3 tbsps creamy peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, smash the banana with a fork.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix till clumpy and well combined.
- Press into a pan lined with parchment paper or lightly oiled.
- Bake for 20-25 mins at 350F.
- Let them cool completely.
- For the topping, either mix together the powdered peanut butter and milk/water to achieve a drizzle-able consistency OR heat the creamy peanut butter to soften to a drizzle-able consistency.
- Spoon onto the bars, slice, and enjoy.