This super easy Vegan Chocolate Cream Pie with an oreo cookie-like crust is the ultra rich no-bake dessert of your DREAMS. Without tofu, cashews, or coconut milk!
- 2 cups (280g) almonds (or nuts of choice)*
- 1/2 cup (40g) cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut oil**
- Optional: 2 tbsp maple syrup***
- For the crust, blend the nuts, cacao powder, and salt until coarsely ground.
- Add the coconut oil. Blend/stir until the texture is moist and crumbly but holds together when pressed.
- Press into the bottom of a pie pan and up the sides, reserving about 1/2 cup for topping.
- For the filling, blend the milk and dates on high until very smooth.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Add melted chocolate to the blender and blend until combined.
- Pour into the crust and smooth the top. Sprinkle with the remaining crust chunks and chocolate chips. Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Refrigerate or freeze overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Dust with powdered sugar or coconut flour (looks like powdered sugar and you don’t taste it). Slice and enjoy!
*You can use seeds or shredded coconut to make it nut-free.
**For an oil-free option, you can make a date crust with 2 cups nuts or rolled oats + about 12 pitted medjool dates.
***I personally don’t think it’s necessary since the filling is quite sweet, but if using add an extra 1/2 cup almonds.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 428
- Sugar: 17g
- Fat: 31g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: chocolate pie, vegan dessert, no-bake recipes