- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 2 tbsps unsweetened applesauce (or pumpkin puree would work too!)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1-2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pumpkin frosting (see post above for other options)
- Turmeric sprinkles
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp water
- Make your chocolate and turmeric sprinkles first following the instructions in this post.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the cookie. Mix.
- On a pan lined with parchment paper, press out the dough into a single cookie (approximately 4″ diameter). You can use a cookie cutter to make it more exact.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350F.
- Let it cool, then chill for at least 1 hour before decorating.
- Once cool, pipe/spread a smooth layer of frosting over the entire cookie.
- Print and cutout a clipart drawing of the mountain silhouette that fits the cookie. Press onto the cookie.
- Sprinkle the entire top of the cookie with turmeric sprinkles. Press them in gently. Remove the paper cutout.
- Melt the chocolate chips. Fill in the mountain with melted chocolate using a squeeze bottle or a spoon. It helps to freeze the cookie for 10 minutes first so the chocolate will set faster.
- Use a toothpick to carve out the Jack Skellington silhouette. Carefully lay the chocolate sprinkles to make the figure, using a small dot of melted chocolate for the head.
- Take a picture, smile about the imperfections, and eat!