Matcha Sugar Cookies! Your favorite green tea latte transformed into a soft sweet cookie, with more fluffy matcha frosted on top. Vegan and gluten-free!
- 1/2 cup (120g) coconut butter
- 1/2 cup (160g) light agave or honey*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (165g) oat flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tbsp Encha Culinary Grade Matcha Powder
- Pinch of salt
Matcha Yogurt Frosting (or try this coconut butter matcha glaze)
Optional: Ceremonial Grade Encha Matcha Powder for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Melt together the coconut butter and agave/honey. I microwaved it for about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the oat flour, baking powder, matcha, and salt.
- Add the coconut butter mixture, and mix to form a dough.
- Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness, between two pieces of wax paper is easiest so it doesn’t stick.
- Cut into hearts using a cookie cutter (or whatever shape you want!)
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350ºF.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- For the frosting, simply mix together the yogurt and matcha until thick and lump-free.
- Frost the cooled cookies. Dust with ceremonial grade matcha powder if desired. Enjoy!
*I used light agave because it’s pale color and neutral flavor won’t overpower the matcha like maple syrup. Honey would be okay too if not vegan.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 252
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, tea, green tea, dessert, easy, roll out, valentines day