- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2-2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup date paste (above)
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder * (I used Sprout Living Chocolate Maca Epic Protein)
- 3-4 tbsp nondairy milk
- Blend the ingredients for the date paste in a high speed blender until very smooth. Add just enough water to get it to blend.
- Remove 1/4 cup and transfer to a mixing bowl. Put the rest in a jar and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- To the mixing bowl, add your dry ingredient(s) and 2-3 tablespoons nondairy milk.
- Mix to form a thick but spreadable consistency, adding more nondairy milk if necessary.
- Use immediately or keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. It will become harder when refrigerated so it is best to use fresh.
*Or 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder + 1/4 cup cacao powder, especially if your protein powder has that funky protein powder flavor.