Moist, fluffy, grain-free Tahini Cake! A sweet cinnamon snack cake with the subtle savory contrast of tahini and fluffy berry frosting. Vegan and paleo!
- 3/4 cup (180g) unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup (180g) tahini*
- 1/2 cup (70g) coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (30g) coconut flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) tapioca starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a bowl, whisk together the applesauce, tahini, coconut sugar, and vinegar/lemon juice.
- Add the baking soda, flours, cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish (I used this 9×6″ ceramic dish, but a loaf pan would work too).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350ºF.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before frosting. (It’s really yummy without frosting too!)
- For the frosting, scoop out the solid cream from the top of the can of chilled coconut milk. Whip with a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add the black goji powder or blueberry juice. Mix, adjusting to achieve desired color.
- Spread frosting on the cooled cake. Top with berries. Slice and enjoy!
*If you don’t like the taste of tahini, substitute with any nut/seed butter you prefer.
**Or defrost about 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, squeeze out the juice, and use that for the purple color. You an also add 1-2 tbsp sweetener to the frosting, but I like it as is.
- Serving Size: 1 piece
- Calories: 307
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: vegan, gluten-free, blueberry, paleo, dessert, snack, healthy