Baked chocolate peppermint donuts with brownie-like richness and refined sugar-free sweetness from Medjool dates for a decadent holiday dessert!
- 1 cup (200g) Natural Delights® pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup (120g) nondairy milk
- 1/2 cup (125g) nut/seed butter (I used almond butter)
- 1/2 cup (40g) cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
Optional: crushed candy canes to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Blend the Medjool dates, nondairy milk, almond butter, and peppermint extract.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add the cacao powder, salt, and baking soda. Mix.
- Spoon or pipe into a donut pan (silicone or lightly oiled so they don’t stick). You will get about 6 full size donuts or 10 minis.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes at 350F.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Then flip onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Dip or drizzle with glaze and sprinkle with candy canes if using. Chill for the glaze to set.
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 23g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 6g
Keywords: vegan, paleo, christmas, dessert, holiday, gluten-free, mint