Five healthy ingredients is all it takes to make these delicious vegan oat flour sugar cookies–ready to be cut-out & frosted into any festive holiday form!
- 1 ½ cup oat flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut butter*
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional: pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4-5 tbsp non-dairy milk
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the oat flour, baking powder, maple syrup, salt (if using) and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Melt the coconut butter until it is liquid. Add to the bowl.
- Mix well to form a ball of dough. Hands work better than utensils here.
- Divide the dough into two, and roll out one of the halves between two pieces of lightly floured wax paper.
- Cut into whatever shapes you like. Carefully use a spatula to transfer to a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat with the rest of the dough and scraps.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350F or until the edges are just golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before frosting. (If you want to skip the frosting you could alternatively sprinkle on coarse sugar before baking for a sparkly look!)
- For the frosting: Melt the coconut butter. Add the maple syrup and stir. Add the non-dairy milk 1 tbsp at a time until it is a thick, smooth consistency.
- Frost your cookies, add sprinkles, share and enjoy!
*You can sub applesauce for a fat-free option, but it will make for a much more moist dough that is not suited to rolling and cutting out. Adding more flour will just dry them out, so they would have to be drop cookies. I highly recommend sticking with the coconut butter or even cashew butter here.