Easy, ultra rich Double Chocolate Hazelnut Muffins with oats, hazelnuts, cacao, coffee, and dark chocolate chips – a decadent snack or healthy dessert!
- 2 cups (200g) rolled oats
- 2 cups (250g) roasted hazelnuts*
- 1/2 cup (50g) cacao powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (240g) nondairy yogurt
- 3/4 cup (180g) brewed coffee**
- 1/2 cup (160g) maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 4 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (80g) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners or spray with nonstick oil.
- Mix together the flax and water for the flax eggs, and set aside to gel.
- Grind the oats and hazelnuts in a high speed blender to a fine flour consistency.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, coffee, maple syrup, flax eggs, and vanilla.
- Add the oat + hazelnut flour, cacao (or cocoa) powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Whisk/stir until you have a lump free batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill each muffin 3/4 of the way with batter. Sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top of each.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350ºF.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Enjoy warm, or I like them even better chilled the next day.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container, or freeze for longer storage.
*You can use almonds or another type of nut instead. Or if you don’t have a high speed blender, use 1 1/2 cups oat flour and 1 1/2 cups almond flour.
**Brewed and cooled or use cold brew. You don’t taste the coffee, it just enhances the chocolate flavor, but if you’d prefer to leave it out use nondairy milk instead.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 158
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, nutella, snack, easy, baking, chocolate chip, yogurt, dairy free