- 12 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown rice crisp cereal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup vegan vanilla protein powder (or oat flour if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 2 tbsps flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup vegan mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Blend all the wet ingredients until smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet to the dry. Mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into a long log that is about 3 inches wide and about 1/2 inch high.
- Using a knife or a pastry cutter, divide the log into 8 bars (see video if you are confused).
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 mins at 300F.
- Cool. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 275
- Sugar: 28g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 7g
Keywords: snack, energy bar, protein bar, clif bars, chocolate chip, easy, vegan, gluten-free