Crunchy triple seed granola without refined sugar or oil – made with medjool dates, almond butter, oats, cinnamon, and a mix of hemp, pumpkin, and flax seeds!
- 10-12 pitted (200g) medjool dates (*)
- 1/2 cup (110g) water
- 1/4-1/2 cup (65-130g) almond butter (**)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups (250g) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (65g) hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup (75g) pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup (65g) flax seeds
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- In a high speed blender, combine the medjool dates, water, almond butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.
- Blend until smooth and thick. If it’s a little chunky that’s okay, but do not add more water.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats and seeds.
- Add the date mixture to the dry ingredients, and mix until evenly coated.
- Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper. Spread out the granola evenly between the pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 300F. Stir moving the outside bits to the inside and vice versa.
- Bake for another 20-25 minutes checking and stirring every 10 minutes so the edges don’t burn. It should be golden and dry/crisp when done.
- Remove from the oven and cool for at least 15 minutes. It will get crispier as it cools.
- Store in an airtight container or jar.
*They should be quite squishy/soft, if not soak them for 30 minutes first.
**More is yummier, but it will be crunchy and delicious either way! You can sub any nut/seed butter.
Keywords: snack, breakfast, vegan, gluten-free, oat, sugar free