- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 6 pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- COCONUT FROSTING
- 1/2 cup coconut milk powder
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp water
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar *see note (or cane sugar powdered in a blender)
- FOR THE CUPCAKES: Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Blend the water, milk, and dates on high until smooth.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oat flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
- Add the blended ingredients, and stir until everything is well combined.
- Spoon into a mini muffin pan with paper liners or greased with coconut oil.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until the center bounces back when lightly pressed.
- Let them cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Chill overnight.
- FOR THE FROSTING: Whisk all the ingredients together until smooth. If it is too thick, you can add a little bit more water.
- TO MAKE THE GHOSTS: Take 1 mini cupcake and use a bread/cake knife to cut off the domed top. Flip it over, and place it on a plate.
- Take a second cupcake, flip it upside down, and use the cake/bread knife to shape it into a gumdrop shape that fits on top of the first cupcake.
- Dollop the frosting on top of the ghosts and let it drip down to look adorable and ghostly. Use cacao nibs or chocolate chips for eyes.
- As quickly as possible, place them in the freezer to harden the frosting.
- Devour these spooky snacks, and keep the leftovers in the fridge.
*You can use coconut sugar here, but it will effect the color.