No baking, no churning, no spoon required for this easy dessert recipe–these vegan and paleo cookie dough ice cream sandwiches are a healthy summer treat!
- 1 cup date paste
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3-4 frozen bananas
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- Optional: more chocolate chips
- Combine all the cookie dough ingredients. Mix. It should just barely hold together, if it’s too dry add more date paste.
- Divide into 2 equal parts.
- Press half of the dough into the bottom of an 8×5″ pan (or a loaf pan or even a tupperware container) lined with parchment paper.
- Blend the frozen bananas and coconut milk until smooth. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and blend briefly to combine.
- Pour on top of the cookie dough.
- Freeze for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes to prevent ice crystals.
- Press the other half of the cookie dough into a rectangle.
- Once the ice cream is firm enough, add the top layer of cookie dough and gently press.
- Freeze overnight (or at least 8 hours).
- Once frozen, slice into bars and enjoy! Keep in the freezer.
- Serving Size: 1 ice cream sandwich
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 27g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: no bake, frozen, dessert, easy, vegan, dairy-free, nice cream