A truly MAGICAL gooey nutty chocolate treat – chocolate cookie crust, peanut butter on top, lots of chocolate chips, and NO sweetened condensed milk!
Crust (see notes for grain/sugar free options)
- 2/3 cup (80g) oat flour
- 1/3 cup (35g) cacao powder
- 1/3 cup (90g) peanut butter (or any nut/seed butter)
- 1/4 cup (90g) maple syrup
- 3-4 tbsp water
Peanut Butter Layer
- 3 large bananas (325g)
- 1/4 cup (65g) peanut butter (can sub powdered peanut butter 25g)
- 1/2 cup (60g) chopped peanuts
- 3/4 cup (120g) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- For the crust, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix. If it’s too dry/crumbly (depends on how thick/runny your nut butter is) add water slowly until you have a sticky dough.
- Press into a glass baking dish or loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a blender, combine the bananas and peanut butter (or powdered peanut butter). Blend until smooth.
- Pour on top of the crust.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips and chopped peanuts on top. Press them in until fully submerged.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes at 350F.
- Remove from the oven and cool, then refrigerate overnight.
- The following day, slice into squares and enjoy! Keep leftovers in the fridge.
For a grain-free crust: Mix together 1 1/4 cup almond flour (150g) + 1/4 cup cacao powder (25g) + 2-3 tbsp maple syrup For a date-sweetened crust: Combine in a blender of food processor 1 1/2 cup peanuts (180g) + 8 pitted medjool dates (150g) + 1/4 cup cacao powder (25g)
Keywords: dessert, chocolate, easy, vegan, gluten-free, peanut butter