Decadent no-bake balls with a rich chocolate truffle center and crunchy peanut coating from The Vegan 8 Cookbook. Salty, sweet, and SIMPLE to make!
- 1/2 cup (128g) smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp (18g) unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp (60g) pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp (2g) fine salt
- 1/2 cup (80g) roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup (40g) coconut sugar
- 3.5oz (100g) 70-72% dark chocolate chips or bar, finely chopped
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the peanut butter, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla, and sea salt to a bowl, and stir until it comes together into a thick batter and is completely smooth. Roll about a heaping tablespoon of the dough into small balls, creating 8 balls total. Place the balls on the prepared pan.
- To prepare the coating, add the roasted peanut and coconut sugar to a food processor, and process until the mixture is in very small pieces but not as superfine as a flour consistency. Add this mixture to a wide, shallow bowl. Set aside.
- Add the chopped chocolate to another small microwave-safe bowl. Melt in the microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds or in a double boiler. If microwaving, stir, and then heat in 10 to 15-second intervals until the chocolate is almost all melted. Be careful not to let it burn. Stir the chocolate until it is completely melted and smooth.
- Place 1 ball into the melted chocolate and use a fork to rotate and coat it completely. Tap the fork gently on the side of the bowl, letting the excises chocolate drip off. Immediately place the ball into the peanut coating mixture and rotate it multiple times with at the fork until coated well. Place the ball back on the pan and repeat with the remaining balls.
- Place the pan in the fridge to set for about 20 minutes. Store the ball sin the fridge to retain their shape. They can be set out at room temperature after they’re fully set for parties, but they will become softer and less crispy as time passes.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 19g
- Sodium: 209mg
- Fat: 23.2g
- Carbohydrates: 26.3g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 8.7g
Keywords: vegan, gluten-free, no bake, easy, dessert, snack