Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Blondies that are gooey and sweet, loaded with salted dark chocolate, speckled with green, and so easy to make!
- 1/2 cup (125g) almond butter
- 1/4 cup (60g) nondairy milk
- 2/3 cup (85g) coconut sugar
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 4 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (100g) shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (120g) oat flour
- 1/2 cup (50g) rolled oats
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 60g chopped dark chocolate (my favorite is Hu Kitchen)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together the almond butter, nondairy milk, coconut sugar, flax eggs, and vanilla.
- Add zucchini, and stir to combine.
- Add oat flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Mix to form a thick dough.
- Fold in the dark chocolate (save some for sprinkling on top).
- Spread batter into a baking dish (oiled or lined with parchment paper).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350ºF. The edges should be lightly brown when they are done.
- Remove from the oven and cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing. You can eat them warm – they are delicious that way – but much more fragile and crumbly.
- Enjoy! (Try a sprinkle of flaky salt on top, or serve with ice cream)
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, or freeze for longer storage.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 161
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, bars, chocolate, salted, oat flour, dessert, snack, oil free