- 3 ripe mangos
- 2–3 ripe bananas
- 2 tbsps coconut sugar
- Toppings (coconut flakes, fresh fruit, granola, chia seeds, dried fruit, freeze dried fruit, etc.)
- Cut the mangos and bananas into large chunks.
- Add the fruit to a large non-stick pan. Sprinkle on the coconut sugar and toss to coat.
- With the heat on medium-high, caramelize the fruit for 5-7 minutes. Stir frequently to make sure nothing sticks or burns.The fruit should be juicy and slightly browned.
- Let the fruit cool, then transfer to a container to freeze overnight.
- The next day, remove the frozen fruit from the freezer. Let it defrost to the point where it is possible to break apart.
- Add the fruit to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately with whatever toppings you choose. Or freeze the ice cream for about 30 minutes for a firmer, scoopable ice cream.