A fudgy brownie ball rolled in crunchy cinnamon toasted buckwheat into the perfect easy bite-sized snack. Vegan, gluten-free, naturally sweetened!
- 1 cup packed (200g or about 12) Natural Delights® Medjool Dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup (30g) cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/4 cup (30g) coconut flour
- 1/3 cup (60g) coconut cream*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
Toasted Buckwheat Coating
- 1/3 cup (60g) raw buckwheat groats
- 2 tsps coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- In a non-stick pan, stir together the buckwheat, coconut oil, cacao powder, cinnamon, and salt until evenly coated.
- Toast on medium low heat stirring constantly for 6-8 minutes until it is starting to brown and looks dry. You will also start to smell the toasty scent when it’s done too.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a dish to cool.
- In a food processor, process the dates until broken down into a sticky paste with no large chunks remaining.
- Add the cacao powder, coconut flour, coconut cream, salt, and vanilla.
- Process to form a sticky dough.
- Scoop out one tablespoon at a time, roll into a ball, and roll to coat in the toasted buckwheat.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours until firm (and they just taste better cold in my opinion).
- Enjoy straight from the fridge. Keep the leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
*Or scooped out of the top of a can of full fat coconut milk that has been chilled overnight. You can sub with nut/seed butter but they will be squishier. Or try coconut oil, but reduce the amount to 1/4 cup.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: vegan, gluten free, snack, chocolate, dessert, no bake, healthy