Sweet blueberries give these magic cookie bars a pop of purple and extra fruit flavor, while banana keeps them easy, healthy, and refined sugar-free!
Crust (see notes for an oat option)
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2–3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup blueberries ((fresh or frozen))
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the almond flour and maple syrup in a bowl. Mix to create a sticky clumpy dough that holds together when pressed. Add 1 tbsp water if it seems too dry.
- Press the crust into an 8×5″ baking dish (or a loaf pan) lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes at 350F. Remove from the oven and cool for at least 15 minutes.
- While the crust is cooling, blend the bananas and 1/2 cup blueberries.
- Pour the purple puree on top of the cooled crust.
- Sprinkle on the chocolate chips, 1 cup blueberries, and coconut. Gently press down until the banana puree rises up covering everything.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350F.
- Cool then chill overnight.
- The next day, slice and enjoy! Keep in the fridge for up to a week.
I much prefer this almond flour crust, but for an oat flour option see this recipe
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 376
- Sugar: 21g
- Fat: 25
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 9g