Coffee cake gets a summer berry makeover with these Blueberry Coffee Cake Muffins–a perfect vegan and gluten-free breakfast or streusel-topped snack!
- 1 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsps lemon juice ((or apple cider vinegar))
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsps baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine all the streusel ingredients. Mix with a fork until sticky and clumpy. Set aside.
- In a blender or mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the muffins. (If using a blender, be sure to add the wet ingredients first!)
- Blend/mix until just combined. Do not over mix or it will make the muffins gummy.
- Line or grease a muffin pan. Divide the batter into the muffin tins, filling each 3/4 of the way. You will get anywhere from 6-9 muffins depending on your pan.
- Top each liberally with streusel. Press it in lightly.
- Bake for about 25 minutes at 350F, or until the streusel is golden brown and the tops are firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Enjoy! Keep leftovers in the fridge (they are really yummy cold too!)