Light, fluffy, citrusy, and sweet! These glazed Blood Orange Muffins are the perfect easy snack or healthy dessert. Vegan and gluten-free too!
- 3/4 cup (180g) nondairy yogurt
- 3/4 cup (180g) blood orange juice*
- 1/2 cup (160g) agave**
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups (210g) oat flour
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) tapioca flour***
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cardamom (optional)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1–2 tbsp blood orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Whisk together the yogurt, blood orange juice, agave, and vanilla.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spoon into a muffin pan lined with paper liners.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350ºF. The tops will be golden brown when they are done, and the center should spring back when lightly pressed.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Eat warm or cool completely before glazing.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients until smooth, and drizzle over top of the muffins. Chill until set.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week, or freeze (un glazed) for longer storage).
*Or any citrus juice, they are delish with regular orange juice or lemon too!
**You can use maple syrup or honey, but I prefer the neutral flavor of agave to not overpower the citrus.
***Or two flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tbsp water), but they won’t be as light/fluffy.
****Or for a refined sugar free glaze, try this recipe instead with blood orange juice.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 155mg
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: gluten free, dairy free, healthy, breakfast, snack, dessert, glaze, egg free, easy, citrus, fluffy