A sweet tangy mix of strawberries + raspberries cooked till jammy then layered between a buttery crust and golden crumble. Vegan, gluten-free, paleo option!
- 2 cups (240g) almond flour
- 1/4 cup (30g) coconut flour
- 2/3 cup (110g) coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup (40g) rolled oats (sliced almonds for paleo)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (125g) nut/seed butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Combine filling ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and stir/cook for 5-7 minutes until thickened. Transfer to a glass dish, and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Toss together the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, oats/almonds, baking soda, spices, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the nut/seed butter, coconut oil, vanilla, and lemon juice. Melt and whisk together until smooth.
- Add to the dry ingredients and mix until even coated and crumbly.
- Press half into the bottom of a greased 8×8″ baking dish.
- Top with cooled berry mixture.
- Disperse the remaining on top, pressing in gently.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350ºF until golden brown on top.
- They will be quite fragile and crumbly if you slice them warm, so chill first for really clean squares. If you want to eat them warm, it will be more of a messy (but delicious!) bowl/spoon situation.
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 270
- Sugar: 14g
- Sodium: 86mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: streusel, crumble, summer, baking, dessert, gluten free, paleo, strawberry, raspberry, healthy, easy