- 4 spotty bananas
- 1 cup Medjool dates (about 12)
- 1/2 cup water
- Optional: 1 tsp vanilla and/or a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 250F
- Slice the bananas lengthwise into 3 strips each (see tips in the post and watch the video for technique).
- Lay out the slices on 2 baking trays lined with parchment paper. Do not overcrowd. I recommend 6 slices per tray. If you have any smaller strips that broke, lay them out too.
- Bake for 1 hour at 250F.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool for 15-20 mins.
- Gently run a finger or dull knife under each slice to release it from the pan. Flip them over so the side with more moisture is facing upwards.
- Blend all the ingredients for the date paste.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon of date paste down the length of a banana slice. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll.
- Repeat with the remaining slices. You can roll the shorter pieces inside the longer strips.
- Arrange all the rolls on one lined pan.
- Return them to the oven for 1.5-2 hours at 250F.
- Remove from the oven. Allow to cool. Eat immediately or refrigerate for a firmer consistency. Keep leftovers in the fridge.