A healthy cookie that is SO GOOD. And simple too – 7 ingredients, naturally sweetened, loaded with chocolate chips, and just waiting to be deliciously devoured!
- 1 1/2 cups (170g) almond flour *
- 1/2 cup (160g) date paste **
- 1/4 cup (65g) almond butter (optional)***
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup (45g) chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine all the ingredients except the chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl. Mix to form a thick batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of dough, roll into a ball, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Press down to flatten.
- Repeat with the remaining dough (or save some for un-baked snacking!)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350F or until the bottom edges are just golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, cool for at least 10 minutes. Enjoy!
- You can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, although they are best fresh and will become softer with time.
* These will not be sweet enough with oat flour and too dry. For an oat flour chocolate chip cookie, try these.
**To make the date paste, blend approximately 12 (200g) pitted medjool dates with 2/3 cup water in a high speed blender until smooth. This makes enough for 2 batches of cookies, but will last in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
***You can sub with any other nut/seed butter or leave it out completely. The cookies will be a little bit drier and may crack on top but still taste delicious.
Keywords: baking, dessert, snack, vegan, paleo