This is a bit of a deviation from my usually tutti fruity style. Why the detour? Well Chocolate Covered Katie inspired me with her question of the day a few weeks ago: “What would be your dream cheesecake flavor?” Instantly marshmallow cheesecake came into my mind. I made it, and then I tasted it, and it was so amazing it felt wrong to keep it a secret. So I am sharing with you this very sticky and sweet indulgence.
It’s not raw, but it is vegan. And it is really easy to make…like 3 ingredients + a crust easy. And no baking is required. Oh and it’s addictive too.
When I became vegan it wasn’t cheese or butter or ice-cream that I missed the most. It was gelatin-based things like jello and gummies and marshmallows. Luckily Dandies has vegans covered on the marshmallow thing. I haven’t yet figured out how to make a raw marshmallow, but don’t think I haven’t tried…and will keep trying.
Yields 6 servings
30 minPrep Time
8 hrCook/Chill Time
8 hr, 30 Total Time
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil (warmed to a liquid)
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups vegan marshmallows (I used about 24 Dandies Marshmallows )
1 package silken tofu (12 oz)
3 tbsp coconut oil (warmed to a liquid)
- FOR THE CRUST: Process the oats in the food processor until they are in crumb-sized pieces. Add the remaining ingredients for the crust, and process until combined. It should be moist and stick together when squeezed.
- Press the crust into a 6" springform pan. Refrigerate.
- FOR THE FILLING: Melt the marshmallows in the microwave. Keep an eye on them because they will puff up and over the top of the bowl. Just stop and give them a stir so they deflate.
- Process the silken tofu in the food processor until smooth.
- Add the melted marshmallows and coconut oil to the food processor, and process until smooth.
- Pour on top of the crust and refrigerate overnight.
- Run a dull knife around the edge of the pan to loosen it before releasing the spring. Slice and eat.
*This post contains affiliate links. Purchasing via my affiliate links supports more great content on this site.