Fall is beautiful. Winter is dreary. Spring is lovely. And summer is fun. But the best season of all is mango season!
The mangos are spectacular right now, so I packed in lots of that sweet juicy glorious fruit. I also did a little half-and-half with the greens in this bowl, so just mango on one half and mango + spinach on the other.
Baobab. I had my first taste of baobab powder just a few weeks ago when my friend Kat sent me a little sample in our snack swap. It is delicious! Tangy and citrusy, with a flavor somewhere in-between an orange and a lemon. And with that kind of flavor, it’s no surprise that it is very rich in Vitamin C. Along with the Vitamin C, it also has plenty of calcium, magnesium, potassium, and antioxidants. It has earned the label of ‘superfood’.
It also makes this bowl taste super yummy.
Toppings! You can top it with just about anything, although tropical flavors are strongly suggested. I attempted some fancy fruit slicing and arranging which ended up looking not so fancy. Sliced mangos are slippery and uncooperative! Hopefully you’ll have better luck with the decorating than I did.
Yields 1 serving
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced
1 cup frozen mango
1 tbsp baobab powder (optional)
1 frozen banana
1/2-3/4 cup non-dairy milk (or water)
1 handful spinach
Toppings: mango, kiwi, banana, pineapple, chia seeds, shredded coconut, etc.
- Blend the fresh mango, frozen mango, baobab, milk/water, and banana on high until smooth.
- Pour half into a bowl and set in the freezer.
- Add the spinach to the remaining smoothie in the blender, and blend on high until smooth.
- With amazing smoothie pouring skill (or help from a friend) pour the green portion and the mango portion into the bowl at the same time so half is green and half is mango.
- Add your toppings and enjoy!