With a cookiewich in each hand,
you’ll be transported to a chocolate wonderland.
Candy crushes add a chilly hint,
of crunch, sugar, and peppermint.
A (secretly fruity) decadent cream,
adds even more chocolate in-between.
Bake up a batch on Christmas night,
they’ll be gone before Santa gets a bite.
Okay I’m done rhyming now…but I’m not done talking about chocolate and peppermint!
There’s chocolate in two forms going on in every bite. The cookies are light fluffy pillows, but the minty filling is thick and fudgey. The creamy sandwich centers may not appear minty at first glance, but one finger-lick will greet you with that cool peppermint sensation. However, even after devouring a cookie or four, you’d never know that the cream is sugar and fat free (unless you make them yourself or scroll down and read the recipe).
They’re perfect fuel while you holiday gift shop, or share them with friends at a cookie swap.
I couldn’t help it, I’m just on a rhyming streak 🙂
Chocolate Peppermint Cookiewiches
1 1/2 cup rolled oats, ground into flour
2/3 cup coconut sugar
2 tsps baking powder
1/3 cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
1/2 cup non-dairy milk
1 cup pitted medjool dates
2/3 cup non-dairy milk (or water)
2 tbsps cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
1 tsp peppermint extract
Crushed peppermint candies
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- For the cookies, mix everything together in a large bowl to form a moist dough.
- Roll the dough into 16 balls. Arrange them on two lined sheet pans, 8 per pan. Flatten them until they are approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
- For the filling, blend everything in a high speed blender until smooth. Refrigerate while the cookies bake and cool.
- Once the cookies are cool, construct your cookiewiches!
And to any poets out there, I do realize that I just completely butchered your art, sorry.